Written by: Ryan Lee, Guest Author
Oh traffic, my friend.
You are vital to any online business – but yet, you are so elusive.
Do you want to know the REAL secret to driving traffic? Something that has personally worked for my business over the past 13 years, and still works today?
It comes down to one word… CONSISTENCY.
I have good news. Driving traffic to your site is actually very simple – but it might not always be “easy.” And by easy, I mean you don’t just “click a button” and millions of people flood your site. I’m sorry, but that’s just not reality.
Traffic does take a bit of effort – but the effort pays off. Big time.
Here are a few simple steps you can take to build a consistent, reliable stream of traffic.
- Update Your Blog: Google loves blogs with fresh content. So stop being lazy and commit to update your blog at least 2-3 times a week. It can be as simple as a YouTube video you pasted with a couple of lines of commentary.
- Think Syndication: There are hundreds of sites with high PR ranks of 4-9 that are desperate for YOUR content. Sites like eHow and Instructables are just a few. Get out there and get in front of more people.
- Be Prolific: Find out where your target market goes – and get in front of them. It might be a Facebook group, an Association discussion forum or even a Ning community site. Answer questions, write articles, speak at their events and contribute to the community.
- Be Networked: Reach out to the influential people in your industry. And offer to help them (do NOT just pitch your products and commissions!). Think long-term relationships and keep in touch. Always.
- Create a Ritual: For me, it’s setting a goal for my daily “marketing tasks” and doing that in the morning from Starbucks (that’s why I created the tool in my author box below). Find a place you enjoy working from. And build it into your day.
Stop looking for the magic bullet or “loophole”- it’s an illusion.
Be consistent. Deliver outstanding products & services. Create no-brainer offers. And turn your “customers” into raving fans who, in turn, spread the word and become your new source for traffic.
It all starts with… consistent baby steps. Now get out there and take that first step!
About the Author
Ryan Lee is a highly respected marketer with a business that spans multiple categories. He has famously gone from working as a gym teacher in the roughest area of the South Bronx to an entrepreneur whose business empire now generates over 7-figures per month.